Chromecast 2 & Audio output/ options queries

squarishripples

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Hello,

I am currently using the Chromecast 2 on a Lg tv. I’m considering to buy a speaker to enhance the audio output. So, before I select a speaker, I would like some advice on the following:

Would the audio output work from the Tv (device being cast too), if the speaker is connected via Bluetooth to the tv.

Is it better to connect the speakers via another mode beside bluetooth?

Does speakers with Chromecast plug-in make a difference in this circumstances?

Thank you heaps in advance for any advice given

Regards,

Solution
It should work regardless of how you connect the speaker.
It is better to connect the speakers directly to the TV rather than wirelessly. You would want speakers that accept the type of audio output that your TV has availabel (usually optical or HDMI-ARC). The speakers will need to have their own volume control as the TV output is usually fixed volume.
The sound will usually be better on any source you have connected to the TV. How much better depends on what quality soundbar or speakers you get.
It should work regardless of how you connect the speaker.
It is better to connect the speakers directly to the TV rather than wirelessly. You would want speakers that accept the type of audio output that your TV has availabel (usually optical or HDMI-ARC). The speakers will need to have their own volume control as the TV output is usually fixed volume.
The sound will usually be better on any source you have connected to the TV. How much better depends on what quality soundbar or speakers you get.

Solution