Chromecast Sells Out At Best Buy Stores Across the Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
that's what happens when you release a great product at an excellent price point. it's something a lot of people wanted, and since a lot of people have hdtv's with available hdmi ports as well as smartphones, its turning old tvs into new ones now!

not only that, but you can now get your hand on a very cheap tv without all that smart tv gimmick and just add this on!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
and for those that are scalping, good for them. they deserve their earnings. if people can't wait for it to be back in stock, they don't deserve their money. the faster they lose it, the better.

smeghead4269

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
@otacon72: I'm sure your laptop can do 100x more things than the Chromecast. I'm also sure your laptop cost a lot more than $35.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
The reason it sold out quickly was because of the 3 months credit for existing NetFlix customers. This brought down the effective price of the ChromeCast device to as low as $11.03 if you currently were a NetFlix customer. Even after Google ended the NetFlix promotion in the Google Play Store Last Thursday, Best Buy had NetFlix promotion available to all their units in stock. They had lots of units at some Best Buy stores last Friday when I got mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.