Chrome's built in flash causes crashes

Cerbo Knight

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Whenever I use Chrome's built in flash it will always crash, but only in fullscreen. It doesn't matter what site I go on, it will crash eventually. It might not do it for an hour or so, but it will.

What's odd, is that it doesn't bluescreen but instead just freezes entirely. I have to hard restart the pc for it to do anything. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried a lot of "solutions" but none seem to work. Disabling Chrome's version of flash usually solves the problem but with the latest update of flash has brought an audio issue so it's either don't have sound, or have a crash every now and then until this is fixed.

Running windows 7
AMD FX8150 @ 4.2Ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 550ti

Feldmarschall

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hi,
I had same problems as you. Disabling Chrome flash and installing flash player for other browsers and allowing only "other flash" in chrome plugins section resolved my problems. Since then I only update flash normally and everything is fine.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
maybe uninstall and reinstall all programs. I understand your frustration... my only complaint is that my Iphone doesn't have flash support. I have it on my PCs and my Android tablet. I wish to see how this works out, I could learn something from this :D