Solved! Clean Installation of Windows on Boot SSD and HDD for storage

BlueBitz

Estimable
Jul 2, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have an OMEN gaming laptop ( 15-ax246nf ) with 8GB of RAM, an Intel i5-7300HQ CPU, a Nvidia GTX1050 and a 1To HDD.
I would like to make a clean install of Windows on my new SSD ( which i didn't install inside the laptop yet ) and use it as the boot drive, and use my HDD as a storage drive. I looked up a lot of info online but i got very confused with what i needed to do.
I know i have a m.2 SSD slot inside my computer. The one i bought is a NVMe M.2 SSD with 500GB capacity. What are the steps for a clean installation of windows on it and for using it as a boot drive ? Do I have to unscrew my HDD and replace it after the installation ?
( Also i don't have a CD for the Windows Installation, it's a digital version. )

I would really enjoy a clear tutorial on how to go about this.. thank you

Solution
1st you will need an USB flash drive with about 16GB. Use the installer from Microsoft "windows media creator" to install it on this flash drive.

Backup important data from you HDD to another drive.

To be sure the SSD will be your number one boot drive and the boot record will be on the SSD, unscrew the HDD and install the SSD in the M.2 slot.

After that boot from the created USB drive and choose the SSD to install windows to it.

If windows was installed successfully, plug in the HDD again, be sure the boot priority in BIOS is set to the SSD (save and exit the BIOS). After this you should be able to boot from the fresh installed windows. Format the HDD from there.
1st you will need an USB flash drive with about 16GB. Use the installer from Microsoft "windows media creator" to install it on this flash drive.

Backup important data from you HDD to another drive.

To be sure the SSD will be your number one boot drive and the boot record will be on the SSD, unscrew the HDD and install the SSD in the M.2 slot.

After that boot from the created USB drive and choose the SSD to install windows to it.

If windows was installed successfully, plug in the HDD again, be sure the boot priority in BIOS is set to the SSD (save and exit the BIOS). After this you should be able to boot from the fresh installed windows. Format the HDD from there.

Solution