Cleaning up security camera clip

gixer311

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
I need help bad! I have been having a heck of a time with theft in my neighborhood and I got sick of it and put cameras up. I caught a group on the cameras last year, but the police couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything with it because the quality was sub par. I have seen worse though...anyways, i finally got them on camera this past weekend and I can recognize them, BUT the cops are still saying the quality isn't good enough. Does anyone know how, who, or where I can either get someone to clean up this clip to view the faces at least a little better or any kind of software that will clean it up. I am far from an expert at video and am in need of this bad!

http://youtu.be/aNErDpA7hq4

Thanks!

PhilFrisbie

Distinguished
You just need to hire Abby from NCIS who will take multiple frames, run them through her secret algorithms, and produce images so sharp you can see the tiny scar on the guy's chin! :lol:

Sorry about the sarcasm, but that video is very poor, and while there are ways for law enforcement to actually do things like recover license plate numbers from multiple blurry video frames, you cannot recover facial details that were lost during the recording process.

Also, anything you do to enhance the video will not stand up in court; techniques must be verified by experts in the field and have an established record of accuracy.