Hello,

i'm using an old Clevo N150RD laptop with the following configuration:

Intel Core 5-6300HQ
2x 8 GB Memory
Geforce GTX 960m 2GB
2x 256 GB SSD
Windows 10 Home

I have the following error:

Without battery and on ac adapter the laptop runs very well and there are no problems.
When i take in and connect the battery, the battery would not be charged.
Also i'm getting sporadic screen flickers.

I've used the laptop without battery on ac adapter in the last time. But now i want to repair it, because i want to use it mobile to :)

Does anyone have an idea how i could repair this?

Should a new battery or ac adapter help?

Thanks and best regards

Solution
A new AC adapter will only help if the one you are using is not rated for enough power. This is unlikely if you are using the original adapter. There are a few possibilities:
  • There is a failure related to the power supply (inside the laptop) and/or the internal charging circuitry. If you have been messing around inside the laptop without taking the proper precautions, you may have damaged something or something just failed.
  • More likely, the battery has just failed from age and use. That always happens after a period of time.
I would get a new battery. That will probably fix your issue unless you have problem 1.
A new AC adapter will only help if the one you are using is not rated for enough power. This is unlikely if you are using the original adapter. There are a few possibilities:
  • There is a failure related to the power supply (inside the laptop) and/or the internal charging circuitry. If you have been messing around inside the laptop without taking the proper precautions, you may have damaged something or something just failed.
  • More likely, the battery has just failed from age and use. That always happens after a period of time.
I would get a new battery. That will probably fix your issue unless you have problem 1.

Solution