Question No Power Clevo N150RD

Jul 21, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I own a 3XS Clevo N150RD laptop (bought from SCAN.CO.UK). Its now 7 years old.

A few months ago the laptop stopped charging and switching on. The chicony original A12-120p1a power supply was giving a faint chirping noise when plugged into the laptop.

So to rectify the problem i bought a new charger 3 months later. I plugged it in and still no power. Also no power light on the laptop.

I then checked the battery cleaned the connectors on the battery and laptop. Still no power.

Then i decided to buy an original battery. Put that in and still no power light.

So in short i have replaced the power adapter and battery. But no power. Just before it lost its last amount of battery i could see that the laptop was working fine. Just not charging. So i'm a bit confused why three months later now that i have a new power supply and battery that its not even got the power led on.

Any suggestions welcome. Happy to open up the laptop and check items as im now curious about how to fix it. Loathed to bin the laptop as its quite a good machine.

Could be a bad power plug on the laptop or a dead motherboard.

Unplug the main battery and the CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. You may want to leave it plugged in for a few minutes before you try. If it does not turn on or does turn on, plug in the other batteries, connect wall power and see if it turns on after that. If not, good chance either the port or the motherboard are bad.

Jul 21, 2022
Thank you for your suggestions hang-the-9. I tried both ways as you recommended but no power or even power LED. So i think you may be right that its now a dead motherboard as there is no power Led at all. 7
Haven't given up on it yet so if anyone has any other suggestions please do let me know.