Clevo X7200 review

There you go
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3970/avadirect-clevo-x7200-worlds-fastest-dtr/9
"So in summary, there are four major drawbacks with the X7200: the price, the weight, the battery life, and the keyboard. AVADirect counters such naysayers with performance, performance, performance, and more performance. As a gaming notebook or a portable workstation, the Clevo X7200 excels, closing the gap between desktops and DTRs once more. Yes, you're still paying essentially twice as much for the same level of performance, and you simply can't get the equivalent of desktop GTX 480 SLI (or HD 5870 CrossFire) in a notebook, but you can run every game currently available at 1080p and high detail settings, often with 4xAA enabled."

reaversedge

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010

hello Maziar,

any good recommendation for benching? any will do can you also include some links to software that you can monitor the load, temps and performance. I forgot to say im a noob in benching and i only know FRAPS :D

reaversedge

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
yeah i have, but there are some things like i saw uniheaven, 3dmark vantage where you can see gpu and cpu ratings etc. i dont know where to find those benchmarking tools also. Thanks!

reaversedge

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
i have fraps already, had downloaded uniheaven, 3dmark and furmark. Anyway as the laptop arrives i will go back to basic, in fraps.

Is there a live temps monitoring software that when you are gaming there's some kind of meter that shows the current temp so i can also keep an eye on it?

Another noob question, Maziar you said crysis benchmark tool? do i need crysis installed so i can benchmark it or i can just download the tool and run the benchmark without the game installed? sorry for the noob questions im preping my softwares as my laptop arrives days from now.

reaversedge

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
thanks, anyway i tried furmark and it is indeed pushing the videocard to the extremes, i will keep an eye for the 2 480s when it arrives, by the way i heard there's alienware m17x R3 which uses Sandy bridge processor one with ati and one with a nvidia gpu, one is 460 combined with optimus tech and the other was ati 6870 or 6900 i think. Once SB will be released next year i think Q1 2011.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010

I've seen a lot of people using HWMonitor:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

I'm not sure if you want to be reading it at the same time as you're gaming, but it's a good way to find the max temps you reach while gaming. (Read before and after a benchmark.)

reaversedge

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
that's a good point, however the temps will go down as soon as i exit the game, the time frame difference (i think seconds) lets the temps go a little bit down but i think will be at a tolerable margin. I also note that prior before exiting (game is presumably paused) the gpu begins to cool down. Otherwise i should have a thermal laser gun to see it in real time lol...