Cloned SSD, kept HHD. Which is which?

jwsarge2

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2014
Good afternoon,
I cloned the WD 1T HDD in my Dell XPS8700 using Acronis' cloning tool. I inserted the WD Blue 1T SSD into the chassis and plugged it's data cable into SATA 0 after moving the old HHD's cable to SATA 2 (the DVD/CD was plugged into SATA 1 and I left it there). The machine booted up, now has a C and a D drive but I cannot differentiate between C and D drives. I suspect the SSD is C and want to clean up the HHD (suspect it is now D) but cannot find a way to be sure C is the SSD and I don't want to clean up the wrong Drive. None of the drive tools in Win 10 that I have tried identifies which drive is C and/or D. There must be a way to find out which is which. Any help doing this will be most appreciated. Thank you in advance...
OS = Win 10
Desktop + Dell XPS 8700
Old HHD=WDC WD10EZEX-75M2NA0, now connected to SATA 2
New SSD=WDC WDS100T2B0A-00SM50, now connected to SATA 0

R/jwsarge2

USAFRet

Illustrious
"Which is which?"

You did it incorrectly.

At the end of the clone process, the FIRST thing you need to do is power OFF, physically disconnect the old drive, ad power up with only the new drive.
This is often missed, and not optional.

Try this now.

jwsarge2

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2014
Good evening,
SOLVED: I figured it out, the SATA target relates to which SATA port you plugged whatever into. In this case I plugged the SSD into Sata 0 hence that makes it the C drive. WRT the old HHD, I checked myself by deleting something from that drive, rebooted and checked it again and the file was still deleted so that is my D drive which is SATA 3. Thanks for the input, most appreciated...