Cmd opening for a split second on windows 10

Jamesus

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Hello everyone, I am having an issue with windows 10, specifically cmd.exe. It randomly opens for about a second, and then closes. This seems like malware to me and I did have a bad torrent on my pc recently, but I scanned with malwarebytes and avira and they dont pickup anything anymore. I got a screenshot of what cmd says: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/214578784123224064/219357125829328896/unknown.png is there anything I can do to get rid of this?

Solution
like rgd said, there are a couple scheduled tasks that want to run, but are failing, due to some changes in the way that Windows works.
if it is malware, it is not succeeding in running.
if it is some kind of backup task or something like that, which you or a program you use has set up to run on a regular basis, you will have to recreate those tasks, and delete the old ones.
probably it is nothing you have to worry about so much, Windows will eventually give you a notification if something important keeps failing to run, and you will notice yourself if a program you use doesn't work right.

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
like rgd said, there are a couple scheduled tasks that want to run, but are failing, due to some changes in the way that Windows works.
if it is malware, it is not succeeding in running.
if it is some kind of backup task or something like that, which you or a program you use has set up to run on a regular basis, you will have to recreate those tasks, and delete the old ones.
probably it is nothing you have to worry about so much, Windows will eventually give you a notification if something important keeps failing to run, and you will notice yourself if a program you use doesn't work right.

Solution

Jamesus

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
alright, I went into the task scheduler and i found 4-5 random tasks that have a bunch of random letters and numbers, i disabled them and so for i havent seen the window pop back up, but it can do it randomly so ill have to wait and see