Cmd sys32 shuts down my laptop w10

JulianWilliams

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
I downloaded an app called camhack(a gta sa video game hack) and I've used this app for a long time, but this time, for some reason I may have done something wrong during the installation process.

I placed the dx8vb.dll file to the system32 folder and ran a cmd prompt as an admin: regsvr dx8vb.dll
Although it was successfully registered, few days later, I believe it's causing my laptop to shutdown after starting up my windows 10 laptop.

Right after I've logged in my windows and desktop shows up, a cmd prompt pops up with a title: c:/windows/system32/cmd.exe with an empty text inside it, then exits the cmd.exe then shuts down my windows. I kept on turning my laptop on and on, but this continues to happen.

Is there any solution to stop it from shutting down? I'm unable to attempt to fix it since it shuts down my laptop right aftrr cmd prompt exits.

Downloading anything with "hack" in the name is asking for trouble and that's what you've got. You need to remove the App completely then go into the Command form. Do that by going to Control Panel>Programme and Features and uninstall whatever the name is. To get into the Control Panel inWindows 10, press the Windows key and R together then type in to the Run box
control
and press the Enter key.

Close the Control Panel down and press the Windows key and R together again, then in the Run box that shows up, type
cmd
and hit the Enter key.

At the c:\ prompt in the Command form type
del c:\windows\system32\camhack.dll (assuming that is the name) and hit the Enter key.

Type exit and restart the laptop.

JulianWilliams

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
@Saga Lout I misinterpret. My laptop is the thing that is being shutdown and not the hack itself. That's why I'm unable to do anything like delete whatever is causing my laptop to shutdown because of dx8vb.dll inside my system32 directory.

I don't think you said it wrong and it may be I who misintepreted but I think we're on the same road. How long can you keep the machine alive before it shuts down? What I suggsted only takes less than a minute to complete.

Another suggestion is that you buy a 2.5" hard drive caddy which comes with a three USB Port cable. One is for the host machine and the other two are data and power to your hard drive. You can delete anything including any other files relating to that game hack because it probably won't work without the problem .dll file you have now.

Those caddies are only a few pounds, dollars, rupees etc. on e-Bay and make a good backup system with an old hard disk you no longer use.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from JulianWilliams : "Cmd prompt system32 shuts down"

None of us is but we just know a thing or two. You'll feel like one if you folllow the path I wrote in your original thread because it should do the business. If it doesn't work, come back and say so. We don't mind how long it takes to sort a problem.