Coax cable from wall to Yamaha receiver with no coax input

Michele_22

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
I have a new Samsun 60" 4K tv hooked up to a new Yamaha reciever, however the receiver does not have coax input just rca or hdmi. Is there something I can buy to make this work? We got rid of cable with a box and just have standard now without the box.

Solution
Recievers do not have a TV tuner in them, that is why there is no coax input.

I am assuming you want to get audio from your cable to play over your receiver.
Best option is the ARC option amercianaudiophile listed.

Connect all your other devices (game consoles, computers, streaming boxes etc) to the HDMI inputs on receiver. Connect HDMI output to TV and plug it into the ARC enabled HDMI port on your TV (consult TV manual). Then you may have to go into TV settings to enable ARC (aduio return channel) and possibly into receiver settings as well.

With this setup when you use cable or use stream with built in tv apps the audio will automatically pass through HDMI back to receiver.
Without model numbers we can't give you an exact answer.
The coax cable from the wall would be from your cable provider or over the air antenna and would connect directly to the TV not the receiver.
Assuming the problem is getting audio from the TV to the receiver there are two options.
1. HDMI ARC - The HDMI out of the receiver connects to the HDMI ARC input on the TV. Check the TV and receiver manuals on how to set this up.
2. Optical audio output - The TV probably has an optical audio output and the receiver has an optical input. Again check the manuals on how to turn this one and assign the optical connection to an input.

Recievers do not have a TV tuner in them, that is why there is no coax input.

I am assuming you want to get audio from your cable to play over your receiver.
Best option is the ARC option amercianaudiophile listed.

Connect all your other devices (game consoles, computers, streaming boxes etc) to the HDMI inputs on receiver. Connect HDMI output to TV and plug it into the ARC enabled HDMI port on your TV (consult TV manual). Then you may have to go into TV settings to enable ARC (aduio return channel) and possibly into receiver settings as well.

With this setup when you use cable or use stream with built in tv apps the audio will automatically pass through HDMI back to receiver.

Solution
I believe you are confused. U seem to be implying your old receiver had multiple coax inputs, I don't think so.

The receiver is your system SWITCHER, and these days the only service that comes in a coax is for the TV, there is no other, the receiver doesn't need to be switching coax.