Guy at Home Depot told me to squirt a glob of Noalox right in the F-connector of outside antenna, before screwing in the cable. After reasearching, I should have only used it on the threads (not the center conductor).
Alcohol worked o.k (I think). Thanks, nuts32605.
I'll know for sure when the "real" sealant sets up in a few hours.
I used "G.E. 100% Silicone II" ("weatherproof", "30min Rain-Ready") on basically the entire Gilbert connector (F-Connector).
Well, I tried squirting some 91% isopropal on a small glob...it didn't dissolve it right away, like I was expecting; but, with a paper towel folded up just right, I got it.
Sure is nice to finally get good reception. I just hope the sealant sealed up, o.k.: the G.E. 100% Silicone (clear stuff ["weatherproof", "30 min. rain-ready"]) said must be 40 degrees or above. It was 41 for about 9 hours, until the temperature started dropping.