ITclimber

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
Guy at Home Depot told me to squirt a glob of Noalox right in the F-connector of outside antenna, before screwing in the cable. After reasearching, I should have only used it on the threads (not the center conductor).

How can I clean out the cable-end, now (up there on the roof)? It is a RG6 18AWG Quad Shielded Coaxial Cable with Gilbert "F" compression connector end ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036LYF6A/ref=pe_385040_128020140_TE_3p_dp_1 ).

It's too conductive, and I should've only used it on the screw-threads

Solution
You can try some kind of solvent. Rubbing alcohol, Acetone, Naptha, etc. and then using a bunch of clean rags to wipe off the remains.

ITclimber

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
Alcohol worked o.k (I think). Thanks, nuts32605.
I'll know for sure when the "real" sealant sets up in a few hours.
I used "G.E. 100% Silicone II" ("weatherproof", "30min Rain-Ready") on basically the entire Gilbert connector (F-Connector).

ITclimber

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
Well, I tried squirting some 91% isopropal on a small glob...it didn't dissolve it right away, like I was expecting; but, with a paper towel folded up just right, I got it.

Sure is nice to finally get good reception. I just hope the sealant sealed up, o.k.: the G.E. 100% Silicone (clear stuff ["weatherproof", "30 min. rain-ready"]) said must be 40 degrees or above. It was 41 for about 9 hours, until the temperature started dropping.