College, gaming laptop

Klamin

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Hi, i'm moving out to college soon and i'm looking for a good portable gaming laptop. I had my mind set on a blade pro but since it's not that easy to get in to europe, i've been looking for another one.
Anyone got another option? I dont have alot of knowlegde about this kind of gear.

Thank you

Klamin

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

2000 + and i play alot of bf3, crysis 3 that kind of stuff.
I've been looking at the msi gs70, what do you think?

Klamin

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

The design and the light wheight that comes with it. I wont be using it only for gaming and i'll be carrying it around from time to time so it's a bit of a must that it isnt that heavy. Furthermore i'm not really fond to run around with a laptop that looks like a beast. I rather go for something more subtle, even if it's less power for it's price.
That's why i choose the blade pro or the gs70, but i'm open for better suggestion if you have any.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
if you're interested in the GS70 and have the money you should consider the razer blade 14. same specs but smaller and lighter. also costs more, but it suits you're budget.
there's the MSI ge40: also 14", also thin and light, same performance but costs $1100 instead of $2100.
there's also the 15.6" equivalent which is the MSI ge60, also thin and light. for 2000+ i would get myself a clevo/sager just 'cause they offer the best bang for the buck and they look like plain laptops instead of something alienware would make .
i'm getting myself the 15.6" Y510p. it has incredible performance (better than any of the above) and is extremely cheap:1000$ and you can play bf3 on ultra. not that thin and light tough , weighs around 6.5 pounds XD.
hope i've helped! :)

Klamin

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Sorry, i've been busy.
Well i would like to get a razer blade, but isnt it expensive to ship it anywhere outside of north america? Asfar as the W230ST and Y510P goes, both look very promising and i'll be sure to take a deeper look into them when i get the time. Really like them cause you get some good performance for your money.

Thanks for the help so far, really appreciate it