College laptop decision

Solution
Don't get a macbook or macbook pro. Unless you have the extra cash to spend and solely use iOS devices. You can find awesome macbook like ultrabooks for way cheaper with windows. I just got an ideapad 720s for $900, it's got 8th gen i7 (better than macbook) aND mx150 dGPU also better than most mac models with Iris/integrated.

Whoever said not to get an ultrabook for school clearly hasn't researched what ultrabooks you can get for a decent price. I paid half as much as the cost of a macbook. And having a tiny form factor is also an awesome feature to have whilst at college.

The ideapad has a thin bezel display so it packs a 14" screen into a 12.5" chassis

SENOR BURTOS

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
college but what will you exactly do with that computer? web browsing? photo editing?

please fill this it makes it easier for us to help you

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/50797-35-laptop-buyers

Now, I personally wouldn't buy any ultrabook, they're all overpriced. But if you're into that sort of thing. Get a macbook or macbook pro, i think they are better in that department, unless you want to play games or do any stuff that isn't optimized for iOs at all, in that case I would go for a GTX 1070 based laptop.

https://www.apple.com/us_kiosk_53068/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MPXT2LL/A&step=config#

Pcstarter

Prominent
May 3, 2017

Web browsing and programming

SENOR BURTOS

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

You don't need to spend +$1000 to do so, grab a cheap laptop and add an SSD that's all you need. Read my answer above

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Don't get a macbook or macbook pro. Unless you have the extra cash to spend and solely use iOS devices. You can find awesome macbook like ultrabooks for way cheaper with windows. I just got an ideapad 720s for $900, it's got 8th gen i7 (better than macbook) aND mx150 dGPU also better than most mac models with Iris/integrated.

Whoever said not to get an ultrabook for school clearly hasn't researched what ultrabooks you can get for a decent price. I paid half as much as the cost of a macbook. And having a tiny form factor is also an awesome feature to have whilst at college.

The ideapad has a thin bezel display so it packs a 14" screen into a 12.5" chassis

Solution