Colors on the screen are not mixing

Ahmad_9

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
a few days ago i was working with my laptop and suddenly purple square glitches appeared on the screen. the purple color disappeared and then i got a message like "display adapter stopped responding and has recovered". that problem showed up again for a half a dozen times later. i tried updating my graphic card driver. but now there is a new problem.

sometimes (and not always) colors are not mixing as they used to do.
here is an example:

lpz9_untitled-2.jpg

http://uupload.ir/files/lpz9_untitled-2.jpg
as you might see it correctly and not the way i see it i took a photo with my camera too:

dfut_12122015386.jpg

http://uupload.ir/files/dfut_12122015386.jpg
i tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the update for the driver but that didn't help.

Solution
Hi,

One test you can try that would answer the question if it's a hardware failure is to connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist. If it shows normal using the external monitor that means it may have something to do with the built in display of your laptop but if it still happens on the external display that means it's a problem with your graphics card.

Here's another troubleshooting steps that you can try.
- Do a clean install of the graphic card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features and uninstalling anything related to your graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Reboot your laptop once installed then...
Hi,

One test you can try that would answer the question if it's a hardware failure is to connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist. If it shows normal using the external monitor that means it may have something to do with the built in display of your laptop but if it still happens on the external display that means it's a problem with your graphics card.

Here's another troubleshooting steps that you can try.
- Do a clean install of the graphic card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features and uninstalling anything related to your graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Reboot your laptop once installed then observe again.

Solution