Combining Old Console/TV sound and PC sound into one headset?

FlashExplorer

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
I'm asking this for a friend who is having a hell of a time finding a headset that does what he wants. Currently, He has an old Turtle Beach PX22 that is able to combine sound inputs from his PC and his TV via a split USB/3.5mm audio jack style cable; the sound from his TV/old consoles comes through an RCA to 3.5mm female jack type cable. As I'm sure some of you are aware, Turtle Beach headsets aren't of the best build quality, and currently, his is ready to snap at the earcup extension point. He wants to be able to receive and combine 2 audio sources into one headset so that he can chat on Discord and get audio feed from his Xbox 360 or PS2. Currently, no one, not even Turtle beach anymore, seems to offer this natively. So I am wondering if there is any headset that can combine the PC and TV audio sources like the PX22 can with 3.5mm jacks/USB (at the least), or if he were able to use a headset with only a 3.5mm jack and somehow receive those 2 audio sources through some other means? Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
If he still has the mixamp, he can just use a y-adapter - the plug is just a 3.5mm 4-pole going into the mixamp for the headset connection. That'll let him roll any analog headset he wishes, such as a Siberia V2. That's what I've been doing for the longest time - the hole is pretty deep though, so you may need to sand around the plastic on the adapter so it can fit in. The adapter can be had for less than $2 on eBay or Aliexpress. This is the one I used: here. It needs to be filed down a bit around the sides to fit, but once you do that you're golden.

I know this, because I bought a Px22 specifically for the mixamp. I've never once used it with the headset it came with.

So far, best option I'm aware of. There are newer...

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
If he still has the mixamp, he can just use a y-adapter - the plug is just a 3.5mm 4-pole going into the mixamp for the headset connection. That'll let him roll any analog headset he wishes, such as a Siberia V2. That's what I've been doing for the longest time - the hole is pretty deep though, so you may need to sand around the plastic on the adapter so it can fit in. The adapter can be had for less than $2 on eBay or Aliexpress. This is the one I used: here. It needs to be filed down a bit around the sides to fit, but once you do that you're golden.

I know this, because I bought a Px22 specifically for the mixamp. I've never once used it with the headset it came with.

So far, best option I'm aware of. There are newer headsets like the Arctis 5 that come with a mixamp, but it's comparatively basic.

TLDR: If the mixamp works, just buy a 4-pole Y-adapter for PC headsets, file down the edges a bit so it fits in the channel, and then you can roll any 3.5mm mic + 3.5mm audio headset; alternatively if you buy a y-adapter in the opposite direction as well, you can then use it with 3.5mm 4-pole headsets too.

The PX22 is the blue-themed one, right? Provided it is, that's exactly what I have and this is how I've been using it.

Solution