Comcast Wins 'Worst Company in America' Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I don't have Comcast (thankfully), but ALL my friends/family complain ALL the time about their horrible service and support. What sucks is most of them are stuck with Comcast because it is the only ISP around.

kschwarz88

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I've got Comcast, and I hate them. Costs way too much, but they're the the best ISP in my area. I'm practically stuck with them.

G

I have to say that my experience has been quite different. Here in the Seattle-Tacoma area Comcast is actually quite good. The service is superb, the broadband speeds are excellent, and the techs are knowledgable. Prices could be lower but are still a decent value given what we get and compared to any other option we have here.

That said, my brother in Charlottesville has lousy service and unreliable TV and broadband, and our office in Jupiter Florida cannot get Comcast Broadband in an industrial park right next to the highway. The Comcast feed stops about 300' from the park.

I have much the same experience with Verizon; they take care of me quite well even though I hear other people say they are horrible.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I forgot to vote. That is another vote for Comcast. I got a letter a few years back stating that if I didn't stop downloading from torrents that I would get in trouble. That slowed me down for about a month :)

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
All I have to say about comcast is "a service repesentative will be at your home between 8 AM and 1 PM" and then they show up around 4, and charge you 50 bucks for the honor of wasting an entire day waiting for the bastard.

G

If you have them you are paying for lousy/low quality service, support which is not support (don't help and don't seem to care), as well as inferior hardware/lack of features.

ibemad

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
We're stuck with comcast. I really wish that we could get dish network, but we live in washington, so too many trees >: ( As far as internet service, brett was right that they're really the only ones around up here.

ibemad

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]quantumknot[/nom]If you have them you are paying for lousy/low quality service, support which is not support (don't help and don't seem to care), as well as inferior hardware/lack of features.[/citation]

We WOULD get someone else if we could.

G

And yet they STILL make boat loads of money. That just goes to show you that you can be as lousy as you want if you have a monopoly (or at least close to it).

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I unfortunately have no choice, i have to use Comcast. My apartment complex will not allow me to install a dish. Otherwise, i would most definitely jump on the dish network bandwagon to escape the questionable cost to benefit ratio from Comcast. That being said, I don't have any problems with customer service. They came out when they said they would and took care of me. To say that Comcast is the Worst Company in America... is a bit of a stretch, there are others that are far worse *cough* *cough* AT&T *cough* *cough*...

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nocturnal1017[/nom]i would vote ATT by far....i get drop calls atlease 20 times a day.[/citation]

then switch...wait! you can't because you aren't mature enough to do so

theguy82

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Way back in the day (6 years ago) I use to work for Comcast internet tech support.... I live in Canada. Gotta love the outsourcing. I only worked for them because my other contract got shutdown and we got pushed over to this one. I lasted about a month, not showing up for work, calling in sick half the time because it was just horrible. Shitty pay and customers CONSTANTLY yelling at you. Seems rightfully so. Anyway I got the hell out of there as soon as I could.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I hate them, their service was expensive $150 a month for just TV!
stopped paying the bill 4 years ago.

Comcast is a like a boat, a hole in the water that you throw money into. The only good two days that you have comcast, one is when you first get their service and the other is the day you get rid of them.

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
While comcast sucks, there is far worse. Im wish i could get comcast, for both internet and cable. (well i wish i could get google internet, but...).

ATT, while people complain about dropped calls, I have never had a problem with them. I might get a random dropped call here and there, but it happened way more often when I was with tmobile and overall its not that bothersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.