Command Host Popup or something else?

SuperSnakeGG

Prominent
May 19, 2017
After I downloaded a language add on for Microsoft Word, I deleted it soon afterwards since I realize I didn't need it. Then this box pops up for a split second, I think it's the command host box. I do not have time to read it since it pops up randomly and disappears. I thought it would stop after I went to bed and turned my computer off, but it still does it. Any help on how to make it stop?

Solution
A system restore could work.

The premise being that the restore precedes and negates the problem.

But I am not sure what the problem is.

However, I am sure that there is something running that causes the window to pop up and disappear.

Try this: familarize yourself with Event Viewer.

Reference:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Next time the popup appears go directly into Event Viewer and see if some related log entry was made.

May take some time and some effort but the end results are likely to be more beneficial than a brute force system restore.

Just me and my thoughts.

Overall up to you to decide with respect to your situation, environment, and requirements.

SuperSnakeGG

Prominent
May 19, 2017

I do not see any language addon or anything Microsoft Word related either

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Can you perform a system restore to a time before you installed that program?

SuperSnakeGG

Prominent
May 19, 2017

Yes I can! Would that fix the problem?

A system restore may become necessary at some time.

However, I am not sure that that is viable at the moment.

The need is to identify the source or reason for the momentarily appearing pop-up window.

May not even be (after the fact) related to the language add-on. Possibly could be something else that was snuck in with the translator.

Just look for anything that seems to be launched at startup and is not something you would expect.

SuperSnakeGG

Prominent
May 19, 2017

It just popped up again, but it stayed open for just a split second longer and didn't say anything. It doesn't happen when I startup my Computer, just when I use it during the day

Also, the Language add-on was from the official Microsoft website, I just think I might have deleted it the wrong way and this happened. Could the system restore still work or might it be a different problem that a system restore won't work?

A system restore could work.

The premise being that the restore precedes and negates the problem.

But I am not sure what the problem is.

However, I am sure that there is something running that causes the window to pop up and disappear.

Try this: familarize yourself with Event Viewer.

Reference:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Next time the popup appears go directly into Event Viewer and see if some related log entry was made.

May take some time and some effort but the end results are likely to be more beneficial than a brute force system restore.

Just me and my thoughts.

Overall up to you to decide with respect to your situation, environment, and requirements.

Solution

SuperSnakeGG

Prominent
May 19, 2017

Thanks so much! I'll make sure to try that! ^^