common wireless speakers for both direct TV streaming and cable sources?

May 28, 2018
I would like to set up wireless stereo speakers to support two different A/V sources: Streaming video (e.g., netflix) directly to a Samsung JS8500 (hardwired network IP connected) whose built-in speakers currently provide the audio and cable video (e.g., shows via FIOS) provided by Motorola set-top (7100-2), Onkyo NR 737 (HDMI-ARC) and the JS8500. The Onkyo is also network hardwired. Currently I use two older Polk Audio speakers hardwired into the NR737 for cable audio (and DVD audio). I would like to replace the Polk speakers with either WiFi or Bluetooth speakers so that I can use the same speakers for both direct network streaming to the TV and cable cable transmission through the set-top box-nr737 combo. Both TV and Onkyo are on the same network and both claim support for Bluetooth. Is a common wireless (BT or WiFi) speaker set possible for these two different use scenarios? If so, what speakers and/or other apps are needed to handle this? Thanks. Andy

Solution
Your sources connect directly to the TV. Pair the speakers to the TV. To get stereo you will need a stereo pair rather than two mono speakers unless you use JBL which can be configured with their Connect+ app to work in stereo.
If the TV doesn't support BT then connect a bluetooth or RF audio transmitter to the audio output of the TV.
You don't need the Onkyo receiver or the Polk speakers.
Your sources connect directly to the TV. Pair the speakers to the TV. To get stereo you will need a stereo pair rather than two mono speakers unless you use JBL which can be configured with their Connect+ app to work in stereo.
If the TV doesn't support BT then connect a bluetooth or RF audio transmitter to the audio output of the TV.
You don't need the Onkyo receiver or the Polk speakers.

Solution