Compare HP-15-ay008tx and Asus-R558UR-DM069D

Shubhodeep

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015
Need to buy a laptop, so according to my budget, I have two options, HP-15-ay008tx and Asus-R558UR-DM069D

1. http://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c05221062

2. http://asuslaptopindia.in/index_files/AsusR558URDM069D.htm

Asus Advantage: Type C 3.1 USB connector, and slightly better but old graphics card Nvidia 930Mx.

Asus Disadvantage: 4Gb DDR3 1600 MHz ram soldered on to the motherboard whereas the motherboard is DDR4 compatible (I read reviews of people using 8Gb 2130 Mhz DDR4 ram on the other single slot available) ie max expandable till 4Gb ddr3+8Gb ddr4, so will this affect the system speed

HP advantage: 4Gb DDR4 2130 Mhz ram expandable till 16Gb DDR4, its a latest system, better webcam, thin and less weight than asus, and bit more sturdy.

My only concern is the CPU speed, and if it won't get affected then definitely I will go for Asus for it has type c connector that will make it future proof, please suggest which should I select. Thankyou.

Solution
The specs of a machine will depend on what you are playing. Most people that don't need a lot of gpu power will go for a gt 940m.
Then the 960m is good if you want to play some of the new games but are satisfied with low to med settings. Then anything above this is considered high end. Most people choose the 10 series card but these cost a lot.

Shubhodeep

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015

Medium range gaming,ms office,video lectures,surfing net,Linux in all for general,home and study usage.
I'm seeing it as a desktop replacement,are the specs sufficient,what do you think ?

Shubhodeep

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015

Sir,what do you think,which laptop would be better according to the build quality, and sir I'm confused bcoz when the motherboard is ddr4 why Asus soldered a ddr3 1600 MHz ram onto it,and will this restrict the system to reach its highest potential,and can any problem arise bcoz of this ?

Shubhodeep

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015

Do Asus have better built quality than HP laptops ?

Shubhodeep

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015

Sir, hp laptop is thin as well as light weight, but still if I go for Asus bcoz of 3.1 USB and slightly better GPU, will that be worth for next 4-5 yes ?

The specs of a machine will depend on what you are playing. Most people that don't need a lot of gpu power will go for a gt 940m.
Then the 960m is good if you want to play some of the new games but are satisfied with low to med settings. Then anything above this is considered high end. Most people choose the 10 series card but these cost a lot.

Solution

Shubhodeep

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015

Thanks sir.

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I would have to jump in and answer this question. According to my knowledge of computers, I wouldn't go with any of these laptops for gaming or any other high intensity thing you may be doing. If you are going with these laptops, I would go with the HP, since it is able to be upgraded to 16 gb ram and it will be future proof. I mean future proof in the sense where you can add more ram when computers need to be faster instead of having to deal with soldering. If you still want to go with the Asus you can, but those are my two cents.
PS. I use an HP that is similar to the one you have chosen. The only difference is the CPU is AMD A-10. The computer is the HP 15-ba037cl which I bought from Sams Club about 2 months ago for 375$.