Compatibility of Old sound card for new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharif_H

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015
Let me be descriptive.
I had a Gigabyte motherboard (G31) where I could use my "Sound Blaster Live! (5.1)" sound card with my "Creative Cambridge Soundworks Digital 3Piece Speaker System". The combination is like a poor man's home theater. (I am using the speaker and sound card since 2001)
Few days ago I upgraded my PC in to “Core i” and got a new motherboard, which is MSI (H81). Now the soundcard seems to only produce excruciating noise.
If I remove the sound card, the build-in card makes the Cambridge Soundworks quite lame. As if, it’s a combination of two tiny laptop speakers with a bit more sound.
Please advise if I can get the old combination to work. Really don’t want to lose the Cambridge soundworks.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

Try KXproject driver for your SB live 5.1 seems to be supported. The KX driver is way better than SB's own, as it is customizable for your EMU 10K. I would trade my Sonar DX card for that in a heart beat. Your 20 year old card using KX driver will give lots of new card today a run for..., If you remember, EMU chip is pro version owned by creative where it created the emu 10K's.

Set KXmixer to run program compatibly mode for windows 7 if your OS Windows 8.1 or 10

Status
Not open for further replies.