Compatible CPU to GPU

Wesam_2

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
My GPU is GTX 850m for laptop, I feel the game is always FOGGY and LOW FPS while GAMING, the display is INTEL HD GRAPHICS FAMILY, should I change it? And what should I get compatible to GTX 850m? I need a better graphics display and processor for GTX 850m ( My orocessor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U though )

I'M ON A LAPTOP NOT COMPUTER

Solution

Both your CPU and GPU cannot be replaced. They are soldered to the main board.

A 6700HQ and 960M can play most games...

inanition02

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
A laptop is a computer :) but it's not a desktop, which is what I think you mean.

Anyhow, what's the model number of your laptop and maker? It sounds like you just need a new nVidia driver installed to enable the 850m.

You usually can't upgrade procs or GPUs in laptops without a good bit of technical knowledge (and hard work).

clarkjd

Distinguished
First off, Welcome to Tom's! in general, it is not feasible to change the graphics card in a laptop. most laptops have the graphics soldered in. second, the gtx850m is not in any way part of the Intel HD graphics family. Could you be a little more specific about the details of your laptop(make, model, etc.)? that will make it easier to recommend something.

Wesam_2

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

Hello, thanks for answering.

I know some place who can replace processors and GPU's in my laptop I guess so don't worry about it thanks, just please tell me what's the best recommendation for my laptop for at least the best gaming graphics and performance I can have and then I will go lower by the knowledge you gave me, best graphics, best Intel type I don't know, i7-(Whatevernumber)K for good performance as well in gaming and yeah.. WILL BE APPRECIATED IF YOU HELP ME!

I got some photos for my system because I don't have a good knowledge about these, so you can see and tell me

http://imgur.com/a/q7VSv

clarkjd

Distinguished

Part of the problem, is that your laptop was designed with a specific GPU. All the power and cooling is based on that Specific GPU. If you put a more powerful GPU in, It will require more power,(reducing your battery life) and therefore giving off more heat, which could kill the rest of your laptop, unless you also increase the cooling. Usually, it is not cost effective to try to upgrade the graphics of a laptop via the aftermarket.

Both your CPU and GPU cannot be replaced. They are soldered to the main board.

A 6700HQ and 960M can play most games on at least medium settings, if not better. You can do better than these in a laptop, but it's really up to your budget.

Solution