complete restore help??

Blood Lion

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I have a win7 64 bit acer aspire 5253 laptop i know how to do a factory restore but i wanna do a complete factory restore using my 5 disks i got, but its telling me to delete all files from hard drikve first and i dont know what to delete please help

Charmander

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Can you get to disk management (by searching for "disk management" on the start menu) and delete the files on hard drive ?

Also in disk management see if there is a recovery partition, if so click set active and restart your computer that should start the restore. Hopefully i'm on the right page!

Blood Lion

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

im doing it now and i just did a plain old format so nothing should be on hdd and disk management says when i open it program files, program files x86 etc should i delete it?

Blood Lion

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

it says 98.02 gb capacity and i got like 73.81 gb free i also got like 13 gb free thats not in there i just deleted BT5 so thats why i got 13 gb thats not in the partitioned in the hdd do i gotta uninstall everything and delete the files inside my hdd (like program files etc)? or should in just do a normal reformat?

Charmander

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014

sorry was away for the weekend, if there is nothing you need on HDD or if you have already back them up I would do a full format would be alot easier than unstalling the programs manually then you would need to run your CD's again and have a fresh install.

have you got any further since friday??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 3
clodneedshelp Laptop Tech Support 1
shresthabijay26 Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2