Solved! Computer display very dim

Nov 8, 2018
So I have an XPX M170 that’s running windows xp, and whenever I boot it, it boots normally, but then the display gets really dark, I thought the display turned off 100% but when I put a flashlight up to it, I seem to see a dim computer screen. When I made a new account and deleted the old one, I saw the display for like 10 seconds then it went back to the dim computer screen

Solution
Aside from attempting any dimness adjustments available on the machine which I'm sure you've already tried;

Mate, that laptop is over 10 years old. Could be entirely possible that the illumination portion of the monitor panel is going out.
If you firmly tap on it in different places does the dimness return or flicker? I'd be trying that to test a connection issue.
Nov 8, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from novidsssss : "Laptop display very dim"

So I have an XPX M170 that’s running windows xp, and whenever I boot it, it boots normally, but then the display gets really dark, I thought the display turned off 100% but when I put a flashlight up to it, I seem to see a dim computer screen. When I made a new account and deleted the old one, I saw the display for like 10 seconds then it went back to the dim computer screen

Nov 8, 2018
MERGED QUESTION

A_Goat

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
Aside from attempting any dimness adjustments available on the machine which I'm sure you've already tried;

Mate, that laptop is over 10 years old. Could be entirely possible that the illumination portion of the monitor panel is going out.
If you firmly tap on it in different places does the dimness return or flicker? I'd be trying that to test a connection issue.

Solution
Nov 8, 2018
MERGED QUESTION

Whenever I firmly tap it, nothing happened, it stays dark.