Computer Help please

Crezd

Estimable
May 30, 2014
Hello,
Recently my computer has been having a issue where programs will run a little slow like it sometimes will take a second or two for it to register what I'm doing like moving Windows around. It also has effected watching YouTube videos they are laggy as well. I ran malware and AVG. nothing is found. I have 8 gigs of ram also.

Solution
What is your CPU and GPU? Are you running out of space in your hard-drive? A Solid Slate Drive (SSD) will really help speed up preformance and perhaps you need to upgrade your ram to 16 gigs if you are doing intensive workloads. You could also download a software program called CCleaner (if I remember correctly). It is basically like an antivirus program but it gets rid of bogus software you may have installed on accident that slows down your PC. It also gets rid of cookies and cache that will speed up your PC. If you have not done this already delete your Internet history. The reason for this is that all of your history pages are saved as data onto your hard-drive and it can slow down your PC if your WiFi is slow. It will also clean up...

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
What is your CPU and GPU? Are you running out of space in your hard-drive? A Solid Slate Drive (SSD) will really help speed up preformance and perhaps you need to upgrade your ram to 16 gigs if you are doing intensive workloads. You could also download a software program called CCleaner (if I remember correctly). It is basically like an antivirus program but it gets rid of bogus software you may have installed on accident that slows down your PC. It also gets rid of cookies and cache that will speed up your PC. If you have not done this already delete your Internet history. The reason for this is that all of your history pages are saved as data onto your hard-drive and it can slow down your PC if your WiFi is slow. It will also clean up your Internet cache and data, etc. It will improve your performance and speed online if you haven't done that in a while.

Solution

Crezd

Estimable
May 30, 2014
Thank you all.

My PC specs:
Windows 7
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb Quad-Core 3.4 GHz
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5870
MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3+ AMD 890FX 6 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
1 TB harddrive with like 450gigs free space
8 gigs of RAM

It is roughly 6 years old now also.

I will try the CCleaner tonight. We have that here at work actually.

I do not think it is the wifi since my roommate can do things fine and for some reason I can play my online games smoothly so far also. I have been getting into more game captures and rendering videos for YouTube uploading for my channel. I also use Photoshop regularly but most of these programs I've been using for awhile now like photoshop and camtasia.

Thanks for the help!