Computer mysteriously stopped displaying on my TV

Apr 25, 2018
I have an extremely inconvenient problem. I'll try to keep it concise:

I have a custom built cpu displayed on my LG TV. Never had any problems with the display for over 2 years now.

Sometimes the cpu makes a rattling noise, so I opened it up and found it was a piece of plastic around one of the graphics cards. I found that if I simply put my finger on the plastic, the noise would stop. So I put a small piece of electric tape to keep it from rattling.

My cpu was turned on while I did this, but the TV was off. When I turned the TV on, it wasnt displaying the cpu, and it simply says there's no signal.

I've never changed the TV settings for years. The CPU is working, all fans are on, including for the graphics cards. I tried restarting, using different hdmi inputs on the TV, switching the hdmi cable to the other graphics card and back... and still nothing. Cpu will not display on my tv.

I didn't remove anything, or unplug anything. Its not the first time I've opened up my computer and touched all the internal parts (I cleaned it thoroughly a few months ago). It just mysteriously doesn't display on my TV anymore. Does anyone have ANY idea how I can fix this?

I even removed the electrical tape (the noise is gone even without it, ha) but now I cant use my cpu. Please, any ideas are greatly appreciated!!!

Solution
Update: After trying everything, I decided to unplug the TV, the CPU, and unplugging the HDMI connection between them. Left it unplugged for 10 minutes. Plugged everything back in and like magic, everything works again. LOL
Apr 25, 2018
Update: After trying everything, I decided to unplug the TV, the CPU, and unplugging the HDMI connection between them. Left it unplugged for 10 minutes. Plugged everything back in and like magic, everything works again. LOL

Solution

TRENDING THREADS