Computer Shuts Down Randomly, Help!

Naseem Haj-Dahmane

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
Alright, so this is my first Tom's Hardware post and I hope it goes well.

About 2 days ago, my $400 Dell Inspiron N5050 started to randomly shut off for no apparent reason. It displays an error message involving a .dll file of some sort, and then the monitor goes dark before you can read the message clearly. I haven't done any overclocking, however I do attempt to push my computer to the limit using software like "Razer Game Booster".

Please Help!

Update: I got a good look at the error message, and found it to say something like: The instruction at 0x(random numbers) referenced memory at 0x(random numbers). The memory could not be read.

Update: I used sfc/scannow to get rid of any damaged OS files, however my computer still shut down randomly.

Naseem Haj-Dahmane

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014

What temperature range should I be watching out for?

Naseem Haj-Dahmane

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014

I checked my Core temperature, and without any major load it is giving me 70 Celsius.

UPDATE: I disconnected the power and let my computer sit without any stimulation, and the heat has gone down to 50 Celsius.

Panays

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
i, 80% its overheating issue. Try keeping the laptop on the desk and not on your labs or on the bed to let your laptop have the maximum airflow, if it still shut down then try suck all the dusk with hoover