Computer started talking about windows firewall

Terence McCormick

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
My PC started to talk about my Windows key and told me not to restart my computer or i will lose all my data, and told me something about windows firewall. I need to know if I got ratted or something.

Solution

There's been an ad with a script that does this going around the advertisement servers used by a lot of websites. So more than likely it's nothing more than a malignant ad loaded by a website you visited as one of their standard random ads.

But you should run malwarebytes anyway on the small chance that it wasn't, in case your system is infected.

mdd1963

Distinguished
Malwarebytes antimalware scan asap!

(By 'talking' , do you mean actual audible audio? Any mystery processes on sysinternals' process explorer?)

freefixer is also very effective at showing all startups, processes, redirects, etc...)

standard battery:

Rkill, roguekiller, JRT

MBAM

AdwCleaner

USAFRet

Illustrious

You got a scare message telling you there is a problem.
The only 'problem' is getting that scare message.

There's been an ad with a script that does this going around the advertisement servers used by a lot of websites. So more than likely it's nothing more than a malignant ad loaded by a website you visited as one of their standard random ads.

But you should run malwarebytes anyway on the small chance that it wasn't, in case your system is infected.

Solution