Computer will only play sound out left side but not right side

Sep 5, 2018
Hello, I have an issue with my computer where sound would only come out for my right side but not my left side of earphones. I use the Sony MDREX15AP as well as a mic splitter.

I have tried updating sound drivers but that did not do anything.

I do not think my problem is my earphones or splitter. I experimented with different earphones, and they also had the same problem. My mic would work with my phone perfectly fine. I tried putting my mic into only the audio jack without the splitter, and I still had the same problem, so I think that rules out my mic splitter.

Am not sure if my problem is hardware, I tried shoving in the splitter/mic and nothing works. If my splitter is half in, it'll play out my left side but not my right. I don't ever remove my splitter, it's been in my computer for pretty much a year now.

What should I do?

Solution
Does the following link present your earphones?

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-MDR-EX15AP-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00JGZH5GW

Try a 3.5mm TRRS F - M extension cable between the headphones plug and your computer. Move the computer end plug about to see if connectivity is restored.

The change in physical fit might resolve some connection issue in the computer's port. And do be sure to inspect inside the computer's port to ensure that there is no debris preventing a full connection.

Desktop computer? Look inside as well. Check all audio connections therein.

What OS are you using?

Have you tried right-clicking the small speaker icon and going into Playback devices, etc. and checking the current configuration settings?

Look at everything - may just be some mis-balance with respect to audio configuration.

Sep 5, 2018

I am using windows 10. And yes, I have checked the balance levels for both sides of the earphone, my right one works normally but my left is unaffected by any change.

Sep 5, 2018

My earphones work on my phone and other computers. And I have tried using a different set of earphones, the problem remains. So the problem does stay with my computer.

Does the following link present your earphones?

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-MDR-EX15AP-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00JGZH5GW

Try a 3.5mm TRRS F - M extension cable between the headphones plug and your computer. Move the computer end plug about to see if connectivity is restored.

The change in physical fit might resolve some connection issue in the computer's port. And do be sure to inspect inside the computer's port to ensure that there is no debris preventing a full connection.

Desktop computer? Look inside as well. Check all audio connections therein.

Solution