Computer won't recognize headset

baileybranco

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
my computer wont recognize my new headphones. the sound plays through them but the computer still doesn't recognize. When I go to sounds, then recording, my computer only recognizes my built in computer speaker and mic. the headset is meant for a computer with a separate audio and mic jack but it comes with a cable to connect it to my headset jack computer. I bought another headset like this one last year but I had the same problem so I had to buy one to plug into my usb ports. someone please help. thanks.

Solution
Hi,

You mentioned that the new headphones does play sound when you connect them to your laptop right? Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager then uninstall the sound card driver, reboot your laptop and it will reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't reinstall the driver, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Your last resort would be a complete factory reset if these methods won't work.
Hi,

You mentioned that the new headphones does play sound when you connect them to your laptop right? Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager then uninstall the sound card driver, reboot your laptop and it will reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't reinstall the driver, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Your last resort would be a complete factory reset if these methods won't work.

Solution