Conan O'Brien Pokes Fun at Another Lost iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]Well if I were to find an iphone of any kind I'd gladly give it back.[/citation]

I wouldn't. I'd sell it to some iZombie "collector" for over 9000 and go buy some real good stuff.

[citation][nom]Wish I Was Wealthy[/nom]I still think that this is just to get attention for the up coming iPhone 5. A sort of free advertising campaign.[/citation]

That's damn obvious. I've ALWAYS said that about all "leaks" - 99% of them are controlled and are there to whip up some hype - free advertisement, as you said.

Keep it up, Apple. But what for? iZombies will get it anyway, others won't no matter how much you advertise it, since SGS II and some phones from HTC are already far superior - for the same price ($650 unlocked/$250 with contract).

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
What a great way to add free advertisement for Apple to lose phones (again!). Conan should have poked fun at Apple instead of person who allegedly "lost" the prototype.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I ain't no Apple or iPhone 5 fan,but this is just too many free advertisements. The more Apple's products are mentioned,the more likely some more people will buy. They ain't even paying for these mentioning of their products.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
The beauty of Apple marketing is that even when they repeat last year's product 'leak' story, they still get free publicity while half the Internet debates whether it's a stunt. Maybe next they'll announce that their iPad 3 prototype is trapped down a well.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Last year's folly became this year's viral marketing idea.

At least no one is getting hauled off by the police for questioning while their PCs are seized this time.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]distanted[/nom]The beauty of Apple marketing is that even when they repeat last year's product 'leak' story, they still get free publicity while half the Internet debates whether it's a stunt. Maybe next they'll announce that their iPad 3 prototype is trapped down a well.[/citation]

God I hope not, because Apple will start claiming they own the patents to wells.

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Always something good going on at conan o'brien's talk show. Although it isn't so funny no more,it's been up there for a while now on these news articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.