Connect a Headset to PS3 and PC at the same time

Chukkzy

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
Hi, I have a Turtle Beach PX22 Headset, now I wanted to connect it to the PS3 as well as to my PC at the same time (because, Skype, google, youtube and PS3 games at the same time is cool right?). I had some success in terms of getting sound from the PS3, but also a very annoying electronical disturbance noise, not unlike a fly trapped within the curtains. When I connect my phone its all cool, as soon as I connect the PS3 I get this noise, unless I also plug the USB into the PS3... which I do not want since then I cant get any sound from the PC at the same time. Does anyone have an idea how to make this happen?

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Unfortunately not possible. The headset doesn't necessarily have the hardware to handle so much cross-talk between signals at the same time, which is why you get the static between the PS3 and the PC. That's why most (if not all) of these devices are designed to be used on one thing at a time.

Bimse-84

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015

Hi,

I have tried to do this for a long time. Also because I want listen to music or skype when I'm playing on my playstation. Just a moment ago, I came up with the solution. It's very simple. Plug a 3,5 jack in the headphone-out on your TV, and in audio-in on your pc. That's it :) In sound options on your computer you just open "mixer" and adjust the volume of everything you have running.