connect bose lifestyle 28 to LG OledE7N tv

edgfeider

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Hello,
I would want to hookup my bose lifestyle 28 series that has a dvd player to my new old tv. Unfortunately the bose does not have an HMDI connector.
I was told that through the LG 3.5mm audio video jack I could connect to the Bose digital output (yellow clinch output). Bought the special cable 3.5.mm Plug - 3 RCA sockets, hooking the 3.5 jack into the tv and only the yellow into the bose.
Of course: doesn't work.
Seems to work for other people.
Can anyone help with a trick or two?
Thx in advance.

Solution
I don't think the component dongle will help.
You could convert the AV out of the Bose to HDM with an active converterI but I would suggest you get a Blueray player with HDMI. Even a cheap one will give you a much much better picture than the Bose with the potential of much better sound if and when you update the HTS to one that supports lossless audio like Dolby TrueHD.
To clarify, you used the 3.5mm to AV dongle and connected the composite video OUT of the Bose to the yellow RCA female plug (make sure you didn't connect to the composite video input).
Check the TV menu to see if there is a setting that you can change to composite video from component video.
That connection gets DVD video to the TV.
If you want audio from the TV to go to the Bose you would use the optical out of the TV to the optical input on the Bose. Check the TV manual on your to use the optical input. It may not be on by default.

edgfeider

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
First of all thanks for your response,
No the LG webbed doesn't have such menu, at least I can't find it. it is brand new tv Oled657E, but setting options appear to be fairly limited. Already starting to doubt my choice (even though the picture quality is near to perfect). If you have any other hints, thx in advance!

edgfeider

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Hi me again. I have now noticed that LG offers many such dongle for various models. Why they do not include the correct one with the TV is beyond me.
Would it help if I bought a component dongle (knowing that I have only s-video, hello clinch as digital outputs on my Lifestyle 28).
Or maybe there is something in the Bose settings that could be changed.
Any further tips highly appreciated!!
Thx

I don't think the component dongle will help.
You could convert the AV out of the Bose to HDM with an active converterI but I would suggest you get a Blueray player with HDMI. Even a cheap one will give you a much much better picture than the Bose with the potential of much better sound if and when you update the HTS to one that supports lossless audio like Dolby TrueHD.

Solution