connect multiple aux devices

Jul 12, 2018
I have dish network with a 54.0 remote control. It appears that I cannot have my dvd player and sound bar on the remote at the same time. Is it not possible to have more than 1 aux device connected to the dish remote? Its seems to me it's one or the other. How can I connect them without having to go back and forth with programming routine everytime I want to use my devices? Also I cannot cycle between the inputs on my TV, the input menu will appear but no button will allow me to toggle between the inputs. Please help.

Solution
That kind of "universal" remote has limitations.
Get a Logitech Harmony remote. These are programmed from their online database and will have all the functions of all the remotes. Sometimes they will have direct input IR codes that don't appear on the original remote. Macros will make using the system easier.
Does the remote have a DVD button (or something similar)? You might be able to program the DVD for this button like you program for the AUX button. If you don't have one, you might be out of luck.

As far as the input....USUALLY you select the input with the up/down arrows.

That kind of "universal" remote has limitations.
Get a Logitech Harmony remote. These are programmed from their online database and will have all the functions of all the remotes. Sometimes they will have direct input IR codes that don't appear on the original remote. Macros will make using the system easier.

Solution