CrudeKitty55

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
I recently got a new laptop. I got an HP pavilion with an intel core i3. it has a 1366x758 display. the display is very dim for my liking, so I was was going to buy a new monitor with 1920x1080 resolution, and that is brighter. I'm not running power hungry games, only dota 2 and minecraft. minecraft is running at about 60fps, would the framerate go down if I connected to a monitor? would I need to buy a new graphics card? I have intel graphics 5500. what graphics card am I able to change in that would help? what if my graphics card is mounted to the motherboard? please help!

Solution
Bigger screens tends to cut down some fps, say 5-10 fps, but that wouldn't be a real problem for you I assume, you can still play your said games with a decent/playable fps.

Secondly you are stuck dear, you cant mount/install a GPU(graphics card) on a Lappy, and external GPU's wont help either, so don't even think about it.

lonewolf7

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Bigger screens tends to cut down some fps, say 5-10 fps, but that wouldn't be a real problem for you I assume, you can still play your said games with a decent/playable fps.

Secondly you are stuck dear, you cant mount/install a GPU(graphics card) on a Lappy, and external GPU's wont help either, so don't even think about it.

Solution