Connecting a A/V receiver to another as a pre amp.

PlumCrazyEric

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
I have an early 2000 Pioneer Elite A/V receiver (#1). I do not have enough inputs for all my equipment. I just picked up another Elite receiver (#2) with Pre Amp Outs. I hooked it up tonight and I get sound but no video. I connected RCA cables from VCR2 out on #2 to VCR2 In on #1.

Now, receiver #2 amps are shot. I did try hooking up a speaker to it and there is definitely a short.. I immediately disconnected it. I did open it up, and by using the schematics removed 3 of the 4 fuses. From what I understand they are to the amps. The front panel and everything still seems to work. Just wondering if the video is connected to one. Just wanted to have all the info out there.

I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

So you have a receiver that's half broken and you are asking us why video doesn't work? There is no engineering rule that says if amplifier stage broke, it should not affect video section. Broke is broke, can happen anywhere.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sjwilliamsjr Audio 3
M Audio 1
A Audio 1
I Audio 1
F Audio 1
damluar Audio 2
A Audio 4
D Audio 0
fladdermasken Audio 0
R Audio 1
O Audio 2
J Audio 1
T Audio 2
picasounds Audio 5
M Audio 2
L Audio 4
J Audio 9
S Audio 1
D Audio 4
M Audio 2
Similar threads
Question How to connect Yamaha receiver to powered amp with rca inputs
Question AV receiver not decoding HD audio from PC over HDMI connection
Question How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question PC Build Complete! Last problem is connecting 5.1 to my old A/V receiver and 4k TV.
Question Trying to figure out how to connect an equalizer to my A/V receiver.
Question Need help connecting a subwoofer to a receiver without sub output
Solved! Hooking up an active subwoofer to A/V receiver
Question Connecting 2 Denon receivers for multi-room listening
Question 2+1 setup through receiver connected to PC
Question Trouble in connecting Powered Sub woofer to Harman AVR 142 Receiver
Solved! What connection, category of cable is preferable, and efficient from my DAC to AV Receiver?
Question Connecting two receivers
Solved! Connecting pre amp to receiver
Question Trying to Connect powered Mackie's to receiver.
Question Connecting TV to analog audio amplifier (receiver)
Question Do I connect my Home theater system to the sat receiver as well at the tv?
Question How do I connect an older Yamaha AV receiver with no optical or HDMI, only RCA, to my TV and able to play sounds.
Question Connection of Subwoofer with R-S202bl Stereo Receiver
Question Connecting soundbar and audio receiver with surround sound to tv
Question I made some impulse purchases and think i screwed up... . How to connect 5.1 capable soundbar to receiver?

ASK THE COMMUNITY