connecting a speaker of 143 RMS im to 167 RMS home theatre receiver

EmSpecial

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
the problem is my original home theatre speaker (167RMS) fried up. tried repair it gets fried over and over again. now getting the same speaker of same series of sony home theatre but its power in RMS is less than my home theatres power. ( mine one is 167rms and i am getting 143rms speaker). is it good to connect it ? or it will harm my theatre or damage the speaker ? thanks

and my only one rear speaker makes this problem rest of the speakers dont get burned no matter i play at max levels.

one day my speaker stopped working. i gave it to the repair shop. they said coil was okay he did something else to fix it. but after few months speaker again stop working and started smelling ( volume was max at that time) . now again i took it to the repair shop they changed the coil. coil the put was cheap hand made coil ( guy was making coil in front of my eyes) so it again got burnt within 10 minutes.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... there is no international standard for testing/rating of speakers... So they can print any # on the Box/speaker they want.
There are many quality brands of speakers and places to find them. Can you send a photograph of the Box that the speaker keeps blowing in? A speaker can Blow due to High current to the Coil and/or the OVERTravel of cone in relationship to the frame/basket it is mounted in.
You need to measure the hole it will be mounted in (mm/in), also the distance between the mounting hole, and how deep the box is for mounting a new one.
http://www.parts-express.com/cat/speaker-components/4?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=R_Cats_E&utm_group=speaker-components_4_E
http://www.simplyspeakers.com/replacement-speakers.html
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/

EmSpecial

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
10168924_10152623000733653_1544857816_n.jpg

1291719_10152623000678653_506573148_n.jpg

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... SONY is not considered when it comes to professional sound products. Consider JBL/Yamaha and look for their listings for professional Sound.
But it would be very easy to put a JBL ( high quality ) speaker into about any box... And you will hear the difference...

I have JBL and Yamaha Speakers 30 years OLD still making me $$.

The power ratings you are describing are pretty much useless so I would not worry about them. The fact that your have the volume at max and the original speakers were damaged tells me you have been trying to play such a small speaker much too loud and it is likely that you will do the same to the new speakers unless they have a larger woofer in the cabinet then your old ones and are more efficient. This kind of home theater system is not going to shake the walls.

EmSpecial

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014

if this is so why not other speakers plugged are not damaged by loud volume ? and the fact the even at the loud volume all the speakers give crystal clear sound quality. this is the only speaker having this issue. i have no good repair shop around here. so may be they are installing cheap voice coils which are unable to afford such a power.. if will install 143 RMS sony speaker it might do the job.