connecting computer monitor to DVR

oliverpee

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
I connected the dvi to hdmi port on the DVR and I have picture and no sound. The only other connection on the monitor is RGB (in). SO what cable do I need to buy that connects from that to computer speakers? I'm assuming to get audio. I searched the other questions, and many are close, just not my exact problem. ANY help is appreciated.

Renee

Assuming that the DVR has left and right RCA connectors on it for analog audio output you will need a cable with a pair of RCA at one end. The computer speakers will likely have a single jack for a stereo mini plug so the other end of the cable will have that on it. If you are looking to get any volume out of this setup the speakers should be self powered (they will need to be connected to ac).

nirmalmaphe

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

Am using Pioneer HTP-071 and can u tel me how to connect both Audio and video because we have separate mode selection for all my input devices... So if i want to see my monitor i need to select a input and if i wanna hear sound i must select another input mode... PLZZZ HELP