Solved! Connecting external monitor to broken laptop issue(video mode not supported)

Nov 19, 2018
hello! my laptop screen is broken ( Half of it works ) and I decided to use my old samsung monitor, I went and i bought a cabel ( HDMI to VGA ) and i plugged the monitor cabel to the laptop. and On the monitor it says Video mode not supported. How can I fix the problem to use the monitor insted of laptops screen? ( windows 10 , acer laptop )

It may well be the resolution that your laptop is set to versus the resolution that the external monitor uses. You could need to change the resolution settings to get it to work on the monitor, or try a monitor with the same one as the laptop's screen.

Nov 19, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from g.obgaidze : "Connecting external monitor to broken laptop issue(video mode not supported)"

hello! my laptop screen is broken ( Half of it works ) and I decided to use my old samsung monitor, I went and i bought a cabel ( HDMI to VGA ) and i plugged the monitor cabel to the laptop. and On the monitor it says Video mode not supported. How can I fix the problem to use the monitor insted of laptops screen? ( windows 10 , acer laptop )

It may well be the resolution that your laptop is set to versus the resolution that the external monitor uses. You could need to change the resolution settings to get it to work on the monitor, or try a monitor with the same one as the laptop's screen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 11
C Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1