Solved! Connecting External speakers to a monitor problem

Apr 11, 2021
Hey guys,

stumbled upon this site while trying to find a fix for my problem, so I thought I would ask here too.

I have recently bought a monitor, LG UltraGear 27GL850, so I can connect my laptop and Xbox One to it. The monitor has no internal speakers so I bought a Logitech Z407 speaker to connect to it. The monitor has 2 HDMI's through which my laptop and Xbox are connected an 1 3.5mm headphone jack (no in or out port). I connected my speaker to the monitor but it won't transmit the sound through the speaker? I might be missing something obvious here, but I thought I would ask anyway. I can connect my headphones to the audio output but the quality is bad.

Am I missing something or can I not plug my speaker into my monitor?

My HDMI cables should be transmitting sound
Don't know if it helps but my laptop model is ASUS ROG STRIX GL504GS and i have tried changing the audio output to my monitor
My monitor uses NVIDIA High definition audio
I am also sure the speakers are working correctly.
Thanks for anything.

Solution
If the mic jack on the monitor gets audio through headphones, it should work with the speakers also. Your speakers may be on the wrong input, check the manual to them, they can run off USB and bluetooth as well as the aux port.