connecting HDMI arc or optical output from TV to receiver and speakers with RCA output trouble

Jul 1, 2018
Hi all!

I was given a pair of shelf speakers ( Micca PB42x ) that I want to connect to my TV ( LG model: 55LN5600 ) via my receiver (Harman / Kardon AVR 700). The speakers have an RCA input so this is what I have tried:

Use optical cable from TV to Optical 2 on receiver, then put the source of the receiver to video 2-o2 then plug in RCA wires from speakers (which are in series) to receiver video 2 out. I can't seem to get any sound.

Can someone give me advice on how to make these 3 devices work together, or let me know if it is just not possible?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

tl;dr
1. I tried to search for a similar problem first and didn't see it so I'm very sorry if this has been answered before

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 1
L Audio 1
M Audio 1
B Audio 2
R Audio 1
I Audio 5
H Audio 17
T Audio 6
C Audio 4
R Audio 1
K Audio 2
E Audio 2
M Audio 4
G Audio 5
M Audio 1
D Audio 3
E Audio 1
M Audio 2
G Audio 1
A Audio 4
Similar threads
How to connect USB headset to device with optical output?
My home theatre has only optical output and my mi TV has only HDMI input how to connect
Im looking for a x96mini android who has a optical link or toslink output to connect to a Bose Acousticmax?
Trying to connect soundbar to JVC TV with no optical cable & RCA output
My micromax TV does not have an optical port ot HDMI arc..how do I connect my home theater so that I get the audion output of
I have an older TV (1 HDMI and coax outputs). I would like to connect cable box (1 HDMI, 1 Optical)
Trying to connect LG soundbar with optical input to RCA TV with coaxial output
I need help connecting TV to Soundbar. TV has no optical or analog output.
Connecting digital audio of PC to soundbar from HDMI output to Optical input
I'm trying to connect an LG smart rv to a jvc DS TP100 receiver. I have the optical cable output port on the tv. I need to co
How to connect sound bar without optical or RCA output
How to connect TV to Sound Touch 300 if HDMI (ARC) and Optical output are not available in the TV
how to connect samsung smart tv k5570 that have hdmi arc & optical output with a 5.1 speakers of only having aux port as a i
How do you connect LG sound bar to sharp lc 32ld145k tv? Help!!!
to know how to connect optical audio output to coaxial input
How can I connect analog Inspire T7700 speakers to my tv optical output?
have got canton sound box with optical output which smart tv has an optical output to connect my canton to
I am trying to connect an LG sounbar to my Digi Home tv - there is no optical output onthe tv but is there an adapter I can bu
How do I connect a Visio 2.0 Sound Bar to an LG Google TV with optical audio outputs?
Can I use RCA AV cables to connect my home theater system to my new LG LED smart tv or do I have to use Optical audio output?

ASK THE COMMUNITY