Solved! Connecting headphones with TV via wire

Aug 17, 2021
Hi
I have an 83 year old grandpa, as he is getting older his hearing capabilities are getting worser... He likes to watch TV but then he sets the volume at like 40... and still then he doesn't hear it that well
A few weeks ago we gave him a pair of headphones to try out, he said how he can hear it great because the source of the sound is nearer, therefore he doesnt have to set the volume so high.

So I figured why not buy him a pair of headphones for TV. The problem is my grandparents live 300 miles away. Once we connect the headphones over bluetooth to the TV they will most likely not understand how to turn them off or how to set the audio back to regular TV speakers (they're old).

So bluetooth wont work. I was thinking maybe to connect via USB, i looked on the back and the TV does have a USB port, i dont know if it will work though. Simply plug in the headphones into the USB hub and when you plug it back out the audio should then automatically go through speakers?? Is this correct?
Cause i never tried something like that.
I know this is the case with pcs, when you plug your headphones out the audio goes automatically back through speakers.

Any suggestions would be helpful, if someone has a solution or idea please let me know.

Thank you very much

Solution
I'd look for a 3.5mm audio jack instead. Probably something they are more familiar with. Either that or print out home-made an laminated instruction (with pictures) on how to use the remote to change audio settings. My parents are in that age range as well, and that's what I do.

-Wolf sends
I'd look for a 3.5mm audio jack instead. Probably something they are more familiar with. Either that or print out home-made an laminated instruction (with pictures) on how to use the remote to change audio settings. My parents are in that age range as well, and that's what I do.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Aug 17, 2021

-Wolf sends

Okay
Thank you very much for your advice
We will consider it and also ask the elderly what they would prefer

Thank you !!