Connecting new samsung TV to old panasonic home theater system

danmasani

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
How do I connect my SAMSUNG TV model UN55H6203AF to an old Panasonic SA-HT930 home theater system?

My TV has optical audio, 2 HDMI ports with component inputs. The home theater system only has RCA inputs only for Component, TV and VCR connections.

I have connected the component inputs using RCA with no sound! Please help.....

Thanks

Solution
You will need to connect the TV optical audio out to an optical to analog converter with a toslink cable. Turn the optical out on and set the TV to output in PCM. You may have to turn the TV speakers off too.
Connect the analog out of the converter to the TV audio input on the HTS with a standard RCA stereo cable. Select that input and set the surround sound mode on the HTS as you prefer it.

danmasani

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from danmasani : "Connecting samsung TV to old panasonic home theater system"

How do I connect my SAMSUNG TV model UN55H6203AF to an old Panasonic SA-HT930 home theater system?

My TV has optical audio, 2 HDMI ports with component inputs. The home theater system only has RCA inputs only for Component, TV and VCR connections.

I have connected the component inputs using RCA with no sound! Please help.....

Thanks

You will need to connect the TV optical audio out to an optical to analog converter with a toslink cable. Turn the optical out on and set the TV to output in PCM. You may have to turn the TV speakers off too.
Connect the analog out of the converter to the TV audio input on the HTS with a standard RCA stereo cable. Select that input and set the surround sound mode on the HTS as you prefer it.

Solution