Connecting Older Reveiver to HDTV & Xbox One

BLazeking558

Prominent
May 3, 2017
I have an older Yamaha Receiver (HTR 5830) and a LG HDTV (55LF600). I would like to connect the receiver to the TV and if possible to my xbox one. I do not watch cable so I am not worried about that. I would just like the audio from my Xbox to be surround with the receiver!

Solution
Connect the Xbox to the TV with HDMI.
Connect the optical audio output of the TV to the receiver. Check the TV manual on how to activate and use the optical input. Check the receiver manual on how to assign the optical connection you used (optical 1 for example) to an input (video 2 for example).
You will now get audio from all your sources to the receiver.

BLazeking558

Prominent
May 3, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from BLazeking558 : "Connecting Older Reveiver to HDTV & Xbox One"

I have an older Yamaha Receiver (HTR 5830) and a LG HDTV (55LF600). I would like to connect the receiver to the TV and if possible to my xbox one. I do not watch cable so I am not worried about that. I would just like the audio from my Xbox to be surround with the receiver!

Connect the Xbox to the TV with HDMI.
Connect the optical audio output of the TV to the receiver. Check the TV manual on how to activate and use the optical input. Check the receiver manual on how to assign the optical connection you used (optical 1 for example) to an input (video 2 for example).
You will now get audio from all your sources to the receiver.

Solution