connecting Panasonic DVD recorder Model # CECHH01 with LGTV Model 42LN5700 for recording TV programs

umaswati

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
I have the above mentioned devices namely Panasonic DVD recorder Model # CECHH01 and LGTV Model 42LN5700. The Panasonic plays the store bought disks as well as home recorded disks very well through the smart LGTV but does not record anything whatever setting I use whether I am trying to record a program that is already recorded on the DirecTV receiver or from live TV. It was perfect with our old Olevia TV but it just does not work with the LGTV. Is there some particular setting I need to use for recording purposes? Is there a specific connection that I need to change?? Thanks for all guidance and help.

Solution
If your DTV box has AV output that is active at the same time as the HDMI output then you would connect the DVD-R AV input to that. It would require an AV cable (3 RCA plugs). You would select that input on the DVD-R as your source.
You won't be able to record from TV apps or the built in tuner of the TV. You could buy a digital converter box and connect that to the DVD-R to record over the air TV.
If your DTV box has AV output that is active at the same time as the HDMI output then you would connect the DVD-R AV input to that. It would require an AV cable (3 RCA plugs). You would select that input on the DVD-R as your source.
You won't be able to record from TV apps or the built in tuner of the TV. You could buy a digital converter box and connect that to the DVD-R to record over the air TV.

Solution

umaswati

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017