connecting pc hdmi-vga from pc and then vga-scart at tv

ch2016

Commendable
May 24, 2016
hi - have read 50 plus threads BUT have not found a solution. The connections to tv are good for sound from tv - Filmontv - progs etc and continuity of svga connectors completed ok - 100% and no shorts. PC screen to TV screen worked for 2 years on windows xp until this week when new HP windows 10- pc replaced xp pc. So it works BUT windows 10 or the AMD Radeon drivers are not seeing the new screen connection.
Have tried the settings, display adapter, device manager and desk.cpl and various other combinations BUT still pc refuses to ,see, the new screen/tv.
So clearly I am doing doing the right thing - the question is what is the right thing to do because I have run out of ideas !!!
Your advice would be most welcome - as I cannot solve the issue to ,get the pc and software to find the second screen,
thanks a lot

popatim

Splendid
Make sure the hdmi to vga adapter you have is the 'Active' type. HDMI is a digital only signal and VGA and SCART are analog so a conversion needs to take place. Make sure the PC's display mode is in a resolution supported by all devices.

Edit: You might want to check with HP if you have a DVI-i port on the new PC, in which case it will then have analog and digital compatibility so all you would need is a cheap dvi to vga adapter.

popatim

Splendid
Make sure the hdmi to vga adapter you have is the 'Active' type. HDMI is a digital only signal and VGA and SCART are analog so a conversion needs to take place. Make sure the PC's display mode is in a resolution supported by all devices.

Edit: You might want to check with HP if you have a DVI-i port on the new PC, in which case it will then have analog and digital compatibility so all you would need is a cheap dvi to vga adapter.

ch2016

Commendable
May 24, 2016

ch2016

Commendable
May 24, 2016
thank you - popatim ! I will check with HP - and get back to you - with a thumbs up or an other question! - trust you will not mind !! Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ggg_123 Streaming Video & TVs 3
bridgestone-tired Streaming Video & TVs 1
tlaudahl Streaming Video & TVs 2
Anti-Gravity Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
nik0sl Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 5
panel111 Streaming Video & TVs 2