Solved! Connecting projector to vizio 5.1 sound bar home theater

Jul 30, 2019
Hello,
I have an Epson projector and just purchased a vizio 5.1 home theater sound bar. My current set up is : Firestick connected directly into projector and using the Bluetooth feature the Firestick has to connect to the vizio sound bar. Doesn’t sound the worse but I feel it can be better. I have also noticed a lag with the audio being projected. From my understanding to eliminate this I should be able to plug the Firestick directly into the sound bar the run an hdmi cable from the sound bar through the attic and plug it into my projector which is behind me to hide the cables. Would this help eliminate the lag and also give me the best quality sound that can be produced from the sound bar? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Solution
You're right about the improved sound quality from a direct connection. Bluetooth is great, but a direct connection is always better. Please note that long cable runs have losses, so don't skimp on quality when it comes to choosing an HDMI cable. A great quality long HDMI cable will have good shielding, high bandwidth and wire gauges sized for minimal losses. You're on the right track. You may have to get an HDMI splitter; one output for the soundbar audio and the other for the projector. Here's one which seems like a good choice, to avoid losses from splitting signals. Read the reviews...

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
You're right about the improved sound quality from a direct connection. Bluetooth is great, but a direct connection is always better. Please note that long cable runs have losses, so don't skimp on quality when it comes to choosing an HDMI cable. A great quality long HDMI cable will have good shielding, high bandwidth and wire gauges sized for minimal losses. You're on the right track. You may have to get an HDMI splitter; one output for the soundbar audio and the other for the projector. Here's one which seems like a good choice, to avoid losses from splitting signals. Read the reviews! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DQBY5T...m/images/I/71h0lSl+9+L.jpg&sb-ci-a=B07DQBY5TX

Solution