Question Connecting Samsung Smart TV to old DVD player

Jan 11, 2020
I have a set of different cables but despite trying to connect my old Panasonic DVD player to a new Samsung Smart TV, still shows no signal on AV
The cable 1 is a Yilan replacement for Samsung with female yellow, red, blue and female red and white
The cable 2 is two sided male yellow, red, white

If you use the component video outputs of the DVD that will give you a better picture.
The DVD Y green RCA jack goes to the yellow video female RCA on cable 1. The red and blue video RCA females go to the same color RCA jacks for component video. The red and white line 2 audio outputs go to the same color audio female RCA plugs on the cable 1.
You may have to select component video in the TV menu. You will get a BW picture if it's not set correctly. Make sure that the component output is turned on in the DVD. You may need to temporarily use the composite video connection to see the DVD menu to do that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P TVs 0
B TVs 0
S TVs 2
G TVs 3
S TVs 1
Lu_H TVs 2
zamzam9 TVs 0
E TVs 5
D TVs 4
JCQ TVs 0
S TVs 1
L TVs 0
C TVs 1
5 TVs 0
Semahenry TVs 1
mitch5252 TVs 1
lgdono TVs 1
AreteCrete TVs 2
hpatel TVs 1
R TVs 4
Similar threads
Question I’m desperate for some help with projector and connecting speakers
Question Help connecting TV, Soundbar, Gaming Console, Blu ray
Question Can't connect Bose 321 system to TCL 625 through AV adapter
Question Help requested with connecting Samsung Soundbar to Toshiba LCD TV
Question Polaroid smart TV wont connect to WIFI
Question Is it possible to connect a Samsung Sound Bar HT-WS1 to my LG TV 55UK6090PUA?
Question i have a samsung series 7 ru7100 TV and home theater samsung ht-e330k. connected with aux connector, there is no sound comng from home theater spkrs
Question Pink screen when connecting Blue-Ray to 4K monitor?
Question i need adapter to allow RF modulator and Roku Express+ to be connected to older tv that has 1 RCA hookup
Question Connecting old surround sound to new Smart TV
Question How to connect firestick through older home theater without HDMI
Question connecting a HDTV Indoor Digital Antenna
Question Unable to locate HDMI selection on TV to connect a FireTV Stick
Question Connecting subwoofer to TV which only has a headphone socket
Question How can I connect hisense 50a6100uw with an LG HT304SU-A2
Question Connection Guidance Needed
Question Connecting old Sony DVD to Samsung Smart TV
Question I have a Samsung Series 7 Tv model number UE46B7000, which is not connecting to the internet.
Question samsung smart tv to bose av 18 connect issue
Question Does anyone have advice on how to connect a 15 year old Sony Home Theater with New Samsung QLED TV?

ASK THE COMMUNITY